PLEASE NOTE: We are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone, video-conferencing, and tele-conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.


  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce & Family Law
  4.  » Child Support

Child Support Is More Complicated Than You Might Think. We Can Help.

Hansen Law is a law firm that families from Yakima to Grandview can rely on for assistance with any child support matter. Our lawyer can advise you whether you need support as a single parent or are worried about how much you will have to pay as a result of divorce.

Do you need help establishing, enforcing or modifying a child support order? Call our office in Yakima at 509-388-0160 to schedule a meeting with our knowledgeable attorney.

We Help You Make Sure Your Pleadings Are Accurate And Calculated In Your Favor

Child support is determined based on a specific formula. The Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) even provides a worksheet and calculator online. If you have ever tried to fill out one of these worksheets, you know that it looks like a complicated tax form.

When you try to complete the form, it may raise even more questions such as:

  • Do my bonuses count as wages and salaries?
  • What if the other parent has non-monetary job benefits?
  • What do I include as health care or child care expenses?
  • How do I calculate my retirement benefits?
  • What special expenses can I include?
  • Does the formula consider percentage share of custody or other family law agreements?
  • What “other factors” should I include for consideration?

When Your Needs Change, We Can Help With Child Support Modifications

Child support calculations are based on your current financial situation, but life is unpredictable. Your needs now may be very different than they are in one or five years. You may need to increase or decrease your child support order based on a change in circumstances, which could involve:

  • Unemployment or job loss
  • Permanent disability
  • Receipt of public assistance
  • New child support obligations
  • Incarceration

Talk To Our Lawyer About Your Child Support Rights | Se Habla Español

Do you have questions about child support? Contact our law firm and schedule a consultation with our lawyer, George Hansen. You can call 509-388-0160 or 877-657-3179. You can also complete our confidential form online.