PLEASE NOTE: We are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone, video-conferencing, and tele-conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.


Yakima Family Law Blog

How long does marijuana stay in your system?

One of the most terrifying situations for any Washington resident is an arrest for driving under the influence (DUI). Although marijuana is legal for adults to use in the state, it’s against the law to be found to be intoxicated while driving. Knowing how long...

read more

What type of divorce is best for you?

Washington law generally allows you to end your marriage for any reason. However, there are many different paths that you might take to accomplish that goal. For instance, you may choose to engage in private talks or head to court to settle property division, child...

read more

DUI checkpoints are not permitted in Washington

Police departments in many parts of the country set up sobriety checkpoints near entertainment districts or during holiday blitzes to identify an apprehend drunk drivers, but DUI checkpoints are not permitted in Washington. Road safety groups support DUI checkpoints...

read more

Drunk driving harms your mental health

Some drunk drivers in Washington feel a false sense of confidence they won't hurt themselves or others. But drunk driving isn't only dangerous in a physical sense. The adverse effects of drunk driving can also wreak havoc on their mental health. Anxiety It's common...

read more

Teenage drunk driving

Teenagers can make regrettable mistakes, including ones that come with serious consequences. Teenagers who drink and drive in Washington may face criminal charges. Upon conviction, the young person might deal with a lifetime criminal record. Those who cause accidents...

read more

Are DUI, DWI and OUI the same thing?

In Washington, drivers are charged with DUI, which stands for driving under the influence, when they have consumed enough alcohol to prevent them from operating their vehicles safely, but other states have a different name for this charge. In Arkansas, Missouri and...

read more