PLEASE NOTE: We are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone, video-conferencing, and tele-conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.


Washington parents, divorce and the best interests of the child

On Behalf of | Nov 24, 2015 | Firm News |

Washington couples do not typically expect their marital unions will end in divorce. When spouses have been married for years and have one or more children together, a divorce can evoke strong emotions and lead to disputes over the best interests of the child or children involved. Often, the most important negotiations involve child custody, support and visitation.

Hansen Law, PLLC, provides effective representation for clients who want to choose wisely with regard to parenting plans after divorce. The court typically considers a variety of factors to determine issues regarding custody arrangements and future support payments. It is advisable that parents cooperate and maintain an amicable relationship with regard to the future care and upbringing of their children after divorce. Our legal team is prepared to help you achieve your goals and obtain an agreeable settlement.

There is a difference between legal and physical custody of a child. If you divorce, know that these issues will need to be decided either through mediation, negotiation or litigation. Hansen Law, PLLC, is prepared to act as your personal legal advocate throughout the entire process. Decisions made will impact your child’s future; therefore, it is typically prudent to seek the assistance of a qualified legal professional in the matter.

A Washington parent who wants to protect his or her parental rights and make certain that the best interests of the child or children are kept at the center of divorce proceedings may want to contact Hansen Law, PLLC, for assistance. We can help you determine all of your legal options and develop a plan that fits your family’s lifestyle. Your family’s needs will become our priority beginning with your first confidential consultation, which you can schedule by calling our office or filling out our online contact form.